Monday 17 March 2008

Upcoming Board elections

It's that time of year again. Yes, it's the Wikimedia Foundation Board Elections! Well, not for a few months, but preparation is well under way. There's place for three members: the current chair, Florence Nibart-Devouard, Domas Mituzas and Michael Snow are all due to end their terms in June. Last year I voted for several people, but I think Eloquence was the only one who was elected (and then left). I hope there's a good selection this year, I thought the last year's candidates, whilst they had their charm, they didn't seem to have that "spark". I'm not sure if I could support any of the three due to end their terms, with the possible exception of Florence, simply due to my being completely unfamiliar with them - and I'm not too keen with the idea of being added to the Board without a vote in the first place.

No comments: